February 28, 2017

February in the Bird Room -- Month by Month Journal


February
Month by Month
Journal
=============

This is the last day of February!
     COMMENTS are enabled for these journal posts so please jump in with your advice or questions!
---------------------------------------------------------------
     My first goal for the month is to transition from the austerity/winter diet to a preparation diet.  I don't want to force the hens into breeding condition, but I don't want them to be lacking in some nutrient when they do begin laying eggs. 
    I am VERY not to overfeed carbs and protein.  The hens are still getting a basic canary seed mix, mostly plain canary seed, although I am increasing the amount fed each day.
    I am also feeding Ioford and DufoPlus together in their water for 2 days consecutively every other week.
    I am also eliminating the apple in the hens' diet.


RETURN to TOP of PAGE